My photo
Contact me at behindthefootlights@outlook.com

03 August 2013

WAR HORSE


War Horse
National Theatre
New London Theatre, London
Saturday 3rd August 2013
 
A revisit to this impeccable show is well worth the effort.  I cannot more highly recommend it than in my first review and I maintain all the superlatives originally used.  If anything a second visit reiterates the grace of the puppetry that is so astonishing on initial viewing and leaves one open to the simple truth and beauty of the absorbing story. 
 
This extended West End run continues to thrill audiences across all generations, and is now also enjoying productions in Berlin and Australia, as well a tour across North America and an imminent tour around the UK and Ireland, starting in Plymouth at the end of September.  I cannot more enthusiastically recommend this show as a delight for all the family - catch it if you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment